Thames Murky Past: Pirates, prisoners, and executions
The only Group Experience created for the Totally Thames Festival.
You will explore where the head of traitors were displayed on spikes, walk along the execution dock, and learn stories about pirates!
- Learn about a refugee who built the tunnel across Thames
- Find out where the famous pirate Captain Kidd was hung
- Discover how a shipworm changed the tunnel technology
- See where heads were on spikes
- Explore where 5000 Londoners died each year in XVIII century
- Find out how Thames helped a prisoner escape Tower of London
50 £ per person
Sights you will see:
On this walk you will explore where the head of traitors were displayed on spikes, walk along the execution dock, and learn stories about notorious pirates who were hanged for murder.
Stop by the oldest riverside pub on the Thames before you find out what refugee was behind creating the passage across the Thames.
Learn how a shipworm inspired the creation of new technology before you discover about the Thames tunnel tragedy and see the hidden stairs to the beach.
You will mark the end of the walk at the Tower of London, the most notorious execution site!
Outside of the Limehouse town hall
Tower Hill station
1 hour 40 minutes
Monday - Sunday